What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that may be stored on your computer or other device when you visit a website. They are generally used to make websites work, to keep track of your movements within the website, to understand your preferences / interests, support analytics and improve overall service offerings. There are different types of cookies, and they can be distinguished on the basis of their origin, function and lifespan. Important characteristics of cookies include the following:
- First party cookies are cookies that are stored by the website you are visiting, while third party cookies are stored by a website other than the one you are visiting. Please note that we do not control the collection or further use of your data by third parties.
- Necessary cookies are necessary to allow the technical operation of a website (e.g., they enable you to move around on a website and to use its features).
- Performance cookies collect data on the performance of a website such as the number of visitors, the time spent on the website and error messages.
- Targeting/advertising cookies enable a website to send you personalized advertising.
- Session cookies are temporary cookies that are erased once you close your browser while persistent or permanent cookies stay on your device until you manually delete them or until your browser deletes them based on the duration period specified in the persistent cookie file.
- Distinguish between users;
- Improve the use and the functionality of our websites;
- Tailor our websites and services to your needs and preferences; and
- Analyze how our website is used and compile anonymous and aggregate statistics.
We do not use the collected information to create user profiles.
What types of cookies do we use?
An overview of the cookies used on this website with purpose is highlighted in the following table.