Outsourcing Front Office and Back Office Functions
Outsourcing is so common that it’s no longer a phenomenon – it’s part of a successful business model. However, the cost benefits alone shouldn’t make outsourcing an exciting prospect for enterprises.
Choosing the right functions to outsource is an integral exercise that can aid or hinder overall operations. For instance, a small business may require assistance with it’s customer service. However, outsourcing payroll, and attempting to maintain a personal touch at customer touch points may only hurt the business.
Front office functions
Companies faced with rapidly growing customer bases, and a focus on service quality, usually require front office support for their customer facing functions. Some of these functions are:
- Help Desk Support: Services for both employees and customers can efficiently evaluate issues and even offer technical support. Benefits include customer satisfaction, quality improvements, and a better handle on staffing.
- Customer Service: Managing a business the right way means customers are at the top of the priority list.
- Market Survey & Research: Understanding competitors is the first step to growing sustainably. Market behaviour is also critical to making informed decisions.
- Scheduling: Customer service relies heavily on having the right amount of trained staff on hand at all times. Managing resources is a heavy duty job that is best outsourced to established service providers.
Back office functions
Larger enterprises can get caught up in their administrative functions to the point that they lose valuable resources to processes. Some back office functions that can be outsourced include:
- Human Resource Management: A complete end-to-end solution that handles onboarding, payroll inputs, tax processing, time and attendance, benefits management and separation, is ideal for larger organizations.
- Accounting Functions: Accounts payable and accounts receivable are the primary cost center of any organization. Delayed or deferred payments need to be handled, while completed payments need to be updated.
- Data Management: With Big Data and Analytics as the hottest trend, organizations realize the importance of collecting huge sets of data. However, managing these sets requires technology, people and processes.
- Quality Assurance: Standardized processes across the organization can greatly improve flexibility and scalability.
The final word
While selecting the right functions to outsource is important, it is just as important to choose the right outsourcing partner. Organizations have to look beyond short-term solutions and work with providers who innovate and transform businesses.
At Allsec, we believe in holistic solutions that are developed as a result of close collaboration with the client. Tailor made solutions provide the best support, especially when it comes to customer support functions. Knowing a client’s business inside-out, providing the right type of training to agents, and handling resource management efficiently for maximum dollar value, are of key import.